Long-term stable market growth is impossible without increase of its transparence and publicity level.
Today, consignors have access to up-to-date indicators of the delivery cost for containers by sea, hence the decision to put together the Eurasian Rail Alliance Index (ERAI).
The ERAI will keep consignors updated on the current rail transit rates.
According to the conceptual design, the ERAI is a composite index of the cost of transit container shipments in the Eurasian rail corridor across the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union between China and the EU.
As a follow-up to the index, a decision was made to introduce sub-indexes reflecting the cost of container shipments from West to East (ERAI U East) and from East to West (ERAI U West).
The index value depends on an array of factors:
- The rates charged by Russian Railways, Kazakhstan Railways and Belorussian Railways
- The cost of using fitting platforms
- The cost of terminal services
- Speed and time in transit
- The infrastructure load status, and others.